Videographer & Editor, Ice Hockey Productions
The full-time Videographer & Editor will be responsible for shooting video footage to be used in hockey episodes including and similar to GottaLoveCTHockey. Videographer will be responsible for using appropriate audio, visual and lighting techniques during filming. Once completed, videos will be hosted online; therefore a sound understanding of video development for web delivery is a must.
Applicants must be willing to work non-traditional hours, often including both weekend days during the youth hockey season, which runs September through April. A typical shooting schedule involves filming at one or two youth hockey games per weekend in Connecticut and New Jersey, then editing the week’s episodes for a quick turnaround. Time off would typically be weekdays, late in the week. Additional shoots for special episodes, pro interviews, or hockey drills are scheduled as needed during the week and during the off season.
This is a work-from-home position with local travel throughout CT and NJ. Thus, the ideal candidate will live in Fairfield, Westchester, or Bergen Counties or nearby.
The videographer's duties include, but may not be limited to:
- - Shooting video for use in web episodes and related clips
- - Editing footage, audio, and motion graphics to produce episodes
- - Determining lighting needs, shooting angle, white balance, set or location details, and sound levels
- - Determining proper video resolution for optimal playback
- - Store and transport all video equipment responsibly
- - Test and monitor all video, lighting, and sound equipment to ensure proper function and make suggestions for potential improvements when applicable
- - Collaborating with subject matter experts to determine best use of video based on needs
Desired Skills and Experience:
- - Extensive knowledge in video production, formats, equipment and techniques
- - A good sense of video production best practices: sound, lighting, green screen, pace, etc.
- - Video and motion graphic editing using the Adobe Creative Cloud or similar
- - Strong attention to details and the ability to meet deadlines
- - The ability to envision and produce a finished product from an idea and raw material
- - Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- - BA in video technology or film production is preferred. We will consider students who are working toward this goal.
- - Reliable transportation is required. Videos are shot on-site across CT and NJ; therefore, travel to and from locations is required.
- - Love for and understanding of ice hockey is a plus!
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please your resume with cover letter and salary requirements.
Relationsmith is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
We care about your goals, your brand, and your standards. We pay careful attention to your specifications to ensure that our solutions are to meet your needs and those of your constituents.talk to us